Thursday, October 25, 2012

Politics Again...

So for my American Heritage Class, we're going to be writing an essay basing on an argument and opinion gleaned from a video. Whilst watching the video I realized that this is EXACTLY what I was trying to say in my post the other day. This writer, David Frum, usually writes from a pretty conservative perspective, while I tend to lean on the liberal side...

One would think that I would disagree with what he is saying, however, this ideology is above liberal or conservative, Democratic or Republican. Rather, the issue has more to do with the foundations of who is in the government and how they act!

Here's the video. Please watch and tell me what you think!


:)

2 comments:

  1. At the end he said "to love to your country is to be willingly to act on behalf of your country". It is possible he meant voting, which I know you (Lizzie) stated is something that you don't feel matters anymore. If not through voting, how do you plan on helping to change this situation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that I said we SHOULDN'T vote, but rather, focus on the votes that matter more. When we focus and carefully decide on the candidates to represent us in congress, then we are doing more for our country AND for ourselves than focusing on the President. Yes, who is President is important, but as he says in the video, the power has shifted from the President in Congress, and if we want to make steps to move forward and improve our country, we need to take steps to push forward Congress.

      So vote! I think that's so important! But worry less about party lines and more about who you feel represents what you want, in EVERY aspect of the government, not just the White House.

      Delete