Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I just want my friends back!

Hello world!

And if you are in this world, I do hope you know what's going on in it... for in the next few weeks will be a very big TUESDAY... Meaning... election day in this dear United States of ours.

Now I'm gonna be blunt here.

I hate it.

All of it.

I wanna shoot it.

What is it? Well, it's everything that has to do with this damn, stupid, friggin, cursed, bipolar f;lakdjfahgoihgheowa;lksdjfoeh! election. I'm sorry to those who like to discuss politics, but it really just makes me SO MAD!

I guess I should give you some legitimate reasons for disliking all of this. Well then, here we go.

1) Division: I pretty much hate everyone I know over all of this. I'm so tired of seeing political posts on facebook. I'm tired of hearing conversations about it. Picking fights with friends because of political disagreements that we can do nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, about! I mean, really, how much is your vote really worth? Is it worth getting all riled up and emotional about something when your own opinions mean a minuscule amount in the outcome of the election? I mean, comon! Get a grip! All you're doing is fighting with people and making them angrier and more likely to disagree with you in the future. I'm tired of fighting, and in all honesty, I'd rather forget it all and just have my friends back. They make more of an impact on my daily life than whoever is the President anyway.

2) The state of the country: Now, this is a little bit of what I guess is "my political opinions" but it doesn't really have to do with taking a side on an issue. It's my issue with the country's biggest issue. Whoever gets elected will do the best job they can with what they see fit. There is no doubt in my mind about that. And in reality, I believe that there is really quite little that they do that will be very similar to what they are promising they will do now. What I think really needs to be changed is the country's attitude toward political issues. The huge partisanship that is occurring is quite disturbing. I don't think that this is how it is supposed to work. The fact that there is very little ability to compromise within Congress is what makes this such a big deal, since I feel Congress was intended to better represent Public Opinion more than the President can. Issues get fought over again and again, with little to no compromise made and no solution. What are we supposed to do with that?
I'm not interested in cause and effects of one man's actions in our country. I'm interested in unity. We're supposed to be the greatest country in the world. But the longer I live the more I believe that we're total liars, too stuck up and snobby to actually acknowledge that we're not perfect. Yes, we're powerful, and have a lot of influence on the world's stage. But we're a pretty snobby people. Just because we're powerful doesn't mean we should lose the will to give, share, and coexist in peace. It's not fair to anyone.

I hate that so much supposedly rests on the decisions of one man. I mean, that shouldn't happen anywhere! Not even Heavenly Father chose to construct his plan alone. He needed both Jesus Christ's and the Holy Ghost's help. 
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT EITHER CANDIDATE'S ELECTION TO OFFICE WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING?

They are both only one man. Admittably, with quite a bit of power, but not enough to rely on to change your life. That's not fair, for him or for you.

So here's what I suggest. Vote for whomever you like. But don't get hung up on the results. Don't be a sore loser or a stuck up winner. Don't blame one man for the problems you're dealing with. So much of it is out of his control. 

Focus on your representatives. Look at them closely. Are they really who you want? Do you care about them as much as you do who is President?

Do you look around you? Do you realize that you are NOT the only one dealing with the problems of life? Do you recognize that there is a WHOLE WORLD out there where many aren't even luck enough to complain about their leaders?

Read your posts, your opinions. Listen to what you say about your country and its politics. If you were from another country, how would you sound? Would  it be fair that you are complaining about your leaders or possible leaders and yet still say that you are the best? What right do you have to claim the top spot if you still feel there is something wrong? 

Be satisfied with what you have. Both in your own home and in the White House. Make the best of it, because like it or not, what happens, happens, and whoever ends up there will lead our country for four years. So how will you react? Will you cheer? Will you whine and complain? Or will you sit back, look at the world, and pray that he might bring us a little bit closer together?

I know that that is what I'll be doing. And I'll be waiting, waiting to talk with my friends again about something other than politics.

:D

Note: This post doesn't mean to offend anybody. I'm not disagreeing with anyone, and you are more than welcome to believe the exact opposite. I will not argue with you, because that is what you believe. Feel free to comment below, for I would love to hear your reactions to this. I do hope that they are peaceful and polite though.

No comments:

Post a Comment