Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My roommates obsession

So my roommate has an obsession.

Actually, several obsessions.

She's a total geek, nerd, dork, whatever you wanna say, and she's freakin' AWESOME.

She's also obsessed with My Little Pony... or she's a Brony (her words, not mine)

But, that's actually just a hilarious obsession, she cracks me up, I love it. 

So that's not the subject of this post. It's her other obsession (I mean, there's more...but...yeah).

My roommate eats ice cubes. All. of. the. time.

I'm serious, she goes through like 4 trays a day. Half the time I'm sitting on the couch working on homework, she is too, chomping on those ice cubes like carrots or chips. At first I kept wanting to ask what she was eating, before I remembered the ice cubes.

There's a whole science to it too. They're only half frozen when she eats them, cause fully frozen is bad for your teeth. The water actually freezes faster if its hot when you put it in the freezer.

When we first emailed each other before meeting I asked her if there was anything she thought we should get for the apt...and the only thing she mentioned was ice cube trays. So naturally I thought there weren't any ice cube trays in our apt. But when I arrived I found there were already two trays, in addition to the three I bought. I was worried that we would have no use for all of them.

Boy was I wrong. I'm so glad we have FIVE trays. One is for drinks and stuff, the others she rotates through.

I have the best roommate.

live. laugh. photograph.

2 comments:

  1. Technically, a "brony" is a BOY who likes My little Pony.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brony

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah, I don't think that matters to her...Also, she informs me that everyone is called a brony, gender is irrelevant in the My little pony diehard fandom. What can I say?

    ReplyDelete