Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Biggest Accomplishment (of the semester)

So since we're approaching the end of the semester I decided that I needed to look back and figure out what I had actually accomplished this semester. So I started making a list...

-Didn't starve/live off of only Hot Pockets (although an argument could be made for my obsession with Pepperoni Hot Pockets)
-Didn't get killed by my roommates. Shhh don't tell them, but I'm really crazy. I'm still surprised they like me.
-Didn't kill my roommates-- they're awesomely normal, in the weirdest way possible.
-Only got homesick every other day
-Only stayed up all night some of the time
-I haven't made my parents broke...yet.
-Survived the entire semester without going on any awkward dates. Or any at all for that matter. YES!

...and a bunch of other stuff I'm too tired to think of (I stayed up all night)

But I realized that I had one gigantic accomplishment that I can't go without stating.

I finished a video game.

I FINISHED a video game.

I finished a VIDEO GAME.

I (LIKE ME) finished a video game.

(Darn, it's so hard to capitalize an already capitalized i.)

Now, I love video games and spent a large amount of time as a child attempting to fulfill Link's Quests, trying to save Princess Peach, and searching for all of the Pokemon, but I had never actually finished any of these games, but got halfway through and started over again after I had gotten bored or stuck. 

Sorta like reading the Book of Mormon (man I know 1 Nephi SO well!).

So I finished a video game. Specifically Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. And it was AWESOME.

I think it took me a total of 50 hours-- according to my Wii. Over the course of two months. Nice.

Now I had some help.

My roommate has played it multiple times, so she helped me out.

I also may or may not have used a walkthrough.

But I'm not a cheater guys.

Despite what SOME people think. (ahem, darling unnamed roommate)

So yes. There is my biggest accomplishment. This will be followed by others I'm sure. I've made a list of all the games that I need to finish, and fully intend to, no matter how long it takes me.

Next: Super Mario Galaxy (I'm already halfway through!)
There's also some Spyro, some more Zelda, some more Mario, and a whole host of LEGO games. (LEGO Lord of the Rings was just released!)

Oh, I guess I did something else this semester.

I survived. Beaten and bleeding, but alive.

Here's to survival.

Live, Laugh, Photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment