Thursday, June 27, 2013

Where Do I Even Start?

Well. Its been a while. Hello Blog, I've missed you.

I haven't posted since February. Its June. Holy crap that's a long time.

Specifically 5 Months.

How do I even sum up the last 5 months in a blog post?

Well, "Lemme 'splain. No, there is too much. Lemme sum up."

I'll start back in Feb.

1) Well, besides re-evaluating my life decisions (see my last post), I pretty much did nothing. Well, besides procrastinate all things school related. And watch a lot of Divine Comedy. And other things. Yea, I was basically a very lazy individual

March:

2) Divine Comedy. Studio C. Enough Said.

3) Facebook stalked the whole world. (Not really)

4) Picked out an apartment to live in next year with KT (new nickname for the Roommate -- this will be explained later)

5) Visited some of my extended family up in Logan. Loads of fun.

6) Became Instagram obsessed. I have problems.

April:

7) Finished off the semester with more crappy grades. However, I only failed one class, so that's a plus. And, I got an A- in my Psychology Class. I'm awesome.

8) My brother moved to Seattle. Helped him move. I was sad to see him go, but super excited that he would get to start an amazing new job and be in an amazing new city.

9) Mom, Dad, please don't kill me for this... but I got a CAR! Her/His name is Serenity. 
(Have you seen Firefly? If you haven't, go on Netflix right now and watch it. RIGHT NOW!)
I'm ridiculously lucky to be a Freshman and to have a car available to me. Its amazing and grown up and overall awesome. Also, I get to put a ridiculous number of bumper stickers on her. My car is extremely nerdy.

Also, Gas is expensive. That really sucks.
But now, its way easier to visit people in Logan. And to escape the Zion Curtain. 
(Don't get the reference? Watch this)

10) I got a job! And not just any job mind you. A job working as a Student Photographer for BYU Photo! 

Now, there's a lot of backstory to this job. Waaayyy back in my Junior Year of High School, a dear friend of mine went off to college (BYU) and, since she's a freaking amazing actress, got some headshots taken of her. I LOVED these photos, so, naturally, I stalked the guy who took them. I found out that he also worked for BYU Photo, before he left on his mission. It was then that I decided that I wanted to work there if I went to BYU.

I held onto this little dream all the way through my Senior Year -- and when I was accepted, one of the first things I did was email them and ask what they did about hiring students. They responded, and were real sweet about it, too. Then in June -- before I had even graduated, I emailed them my resume and portfolio, hoping to get an interview. And in August, I went to visit their office, just to check it out and to further show my interest (or obsession, it could go either way). They just told me that they weren't hiring at the moment but that they kept all of their resume's and called people when they were.

Well, in Mid-April, they called me up, out of the blue, and asked if I wanted an interview. I said YES! (duh) and began to seriously freak out (out of nerves). The interview went well, but I figured that they didn't want a freshman who wasn't even in the Photography program or was even planning on doing it (although I hadn't officially changed my major yet), plus I was ridiculously inexperienced.

So, when I didn't hear from them after two weeks, I figured "Oh, well, at least I tried." And left it at that. BUT, I was totally shocked when they suddenly called me up and offered me a second interview.

WHAT? 

Serious freak out time.
Well, it went really well, because at the end of the interview I was offered the job!
Turns out all the things I thought they didn't want was exactly what they were looking for! Inexperienced (to a certain extent -- definitely not in photography), young (18 year old just finishing up her freshman year? Check!), and NOT a Photography major (What?!?!)

Yea, turns out Photography majors have a tendency not to focus on the job 'cause their too into their own work.

So, I tried to hold in my internal squealing and desire to jump up and down like a kiddy schoolgirl as I accepted and worked out the details.

I started the very beginning of May, and I've totally loved it! Despite the level of boring work I've got to do, as the newbie and lackey and all that. :D

Now, back to the list-- long tangent there, but the story had to be told.

11) Moved into a new apartment. I'll spare you the details until I have pictures to post on the awesomeness that it is.

May:

12) Work. School. Awesomeness.

June:
13) MY BEST FRIEND CAME TO VISIT for ALMOST A WEEK!!!

It was awesome. Too awesome to put here. It needs its own post. Along with the photos my super awesome aunt took of us.

So basically-- it's time to gear up and get ready for DA SUMMA!

Which is like... my FAVORITE time of year. Specifically for a certain day that comes at the end of July. It's like, the greatest day of the year, but I may be biased.

So I've made a goal to update this blog more often, so here's whats coming your way!

- Goals for the summer
-Best Friend's are the greatest when you see them in person
-My apartment is more awesome than your apartment
-My Cousin's are cuter than your cousins
-I have mad skillz. Specifically of the crocheting variety.

So ta ta for now!

Live. Laugh. Photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment