Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wow! Has it really been a month?

Hello blogger world! 

I guess I've sorta been MIA for a month now...I don't really know what happened! Seriously! I don't know why I suddenly stopped blogging!

But I'm BACK! :D

Although, I guess I do know why I stopped blogging. Life happened.

WHOA, guys calm down know. I know...I have a life! Like, your minds were just blown huh?

But, seriously, life happened. 

Although I will admit it wasn't much of one.

But I'll update you on the goings on of my so called life in the last month.

So the last time I posted I was home for Christmas vacation. Beaten and bleeding but alive after quite a tumultuous freshman semester.

I finished with a 0.73. 

Yup, you read that right. 

A zero point seven three.

Out of a 4.0.

But seriously, it's okay. I've got a butt ton (dangit Katie! You're rubbing off on me!) of stuff to do to get off academic warning, but it's seriously not the end of the world.

And then Christmas Break was AMAZING.

It was so great to be back home. To be back in my city and to see all of the people I love. Sometimes I just curl up with some cookie dough and watch cheesy tv shows and movies that are set in NYC so I can at least get a glance of home.

Oh, and I watch Law and Order quite a bit too. Cause nothing says homesick quite like murder huh?
(I'm sorry, too morbid? too inappropriate? Yea, that's me.)

And of course there was Christmas. Just how I like it too. Quiet, relaxing, and just the five of us at home enjoying just being a family. Something I've come to appreciate so much more since I left home.

And of course, being me, here's break in a series of photos.


Jenny: Are you crazy? You're gonna read all of those books?

:D That's all of the books we got for Christmas stacked up. (Note: All of the books the WHOLE family got...it's kinda ridiculous)


Ruby got this Lego Mindstorm thing that's basically a lego robot on steroids. It's pretty cool, but I have no idea how in the world it works. Good thing she's got Michael to help her out. They make me feel awfully stupid sometimes. But in a really good way.


As you can see in the earlier photo, Ruby has got some seriously long gorgeous hair. And of course, I couldn't wait to try some new stuff out on it :D She's pretty darn cute huh?


Jenny didn't like all of us visiting. It messed with her too much.


It snowed. And UNLIKE PROVO, it didn't stay for very long. I have to say, it's probably my newest appreciation of NYC. I mean, I love snow, but I hate snow here. WHY PROVO WHY???



New Years was delightfully loud. Not for us really, but I loved all of the noise of everyone else celebrating. To be honest, I don't like New Years very much, I think it's a bit overrated and kinda dumb. But hey, who doesn't mind a celebration and some fun? Plus, all of the noise from the parties just made me downright happy.

Finally, it came time for me to come home. :(
I pretty much sobbed for like an hour. On the plane. Next to this girl who was my sisters age. Who kept looking over my shoulder at my video game and asking me about it. (Lego Harry Potter for those who are curious. She didn't know what it was! *GASP!*)

It was rather hard to play the game with tears in my eyes. 

I got back, and realized how cold it was.


And that there still was snow on the ground and it probably wasn't going anywhere for a while.

And then it snowed some more. And some more. And some more. 

And now I hate Provo.
(Or at least, Provo weather.)

But I made Apple Cider Donuts. Which made me feel better.


It took us three weeks to eat them. And we still have half of the dough in the freezer. Someone should help us out a bit next time. :D

Then school started up...and thankfully it's been a thousand times better so far than last semester. I really like my classes, my teachers are amazing, and one of them is an online class, no attendance required! AWESOME!

My two biggest problems have been the snow and homework, which is better than last semester, which was sleeping too much and too many video games.

Now the video games are strictly a weekend thing.

(BTW: LEGO LOTR IS SO AMAZING!)

We also got some new posters... 
(Thank you BYU Poster Sale.)

...Bringing the total number of posters in the apartment to 17. We sorta rock. 

And because I can, here's what we have:
Princess Bride
Avengers
Serenity
How I Met Your Mother
Hunger Games
Pirates of the Caribbean
Star Wars (It just says "Use the Force")
A George Washington Bridge Drawing that was done by my old Bishop from NYC
Three Harry Potter Posters (9 and 3/4, Mischief Managed, and It All Ends with the Deathly Hallows symbol)
Four Lord of the Rings Posters (Three small official movie posters and one giant combo one)
Three Hobbit Posters (A small one, a big one, and a giant map)

Yea. You should visit us. Our living room is awesome. :D
(I'm gonna post pictures when I'm not so lazy.)

So all in all everything is going pretty good! I'm excited cause this semester is shaping up to be a thousand times better than the last, even if there's still some hard stuff.

But that's life I guess. 


OH OH OH! I totally forgot!
 (Not really, I was just saving it for last.)

 I did an awesome Photoshoot with one of my dearest friends from NYC. She's a freaking amazing actress and is wayyy too gorgeous for her own good.
She needed some new headshots because she cut her hair (which, by the way, I totally love) and I was so honored when she asked me to!

Here's my favorite photo from the shoot:


Ain't she purty? :D

And since this is technically a blog about an "angsty photographer" I figured I needed to get some more stuff in here about my more professional work so to speak.

So ladies and gentlemen, I'm happy to announce that Suzie Q Photography is officially open for business! I'm really going to try to work in a lot more time to expand and work on my portfolio and more time for photoshoots!

This means: if you know of anyone in Provo in need of Headshots, Engagements, Missionary Photos, etc...lemme know! :D

And to end this lovely and delightfully long post, here's a smiling pancake.


Live. Laugh. Photograph.



No comments:

Post a Comment